Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Writing Samples for Work Sampling

Oh, glorious Spring Break! Yesterday I stayed in pajamas all day long, took a bath, then changed into clean pajamas. LOVE.

Spring Break is also a great time to get caught up on projects that you just can't finish while school is in session. One thing I have to get moving on would be Work Sampling. Work Sampling Online is our report card. We have 55 indicators and have to put in notes, pictures, or work samples into a computer system to prove the child can do these tasks (standards based tasks). It can be overwhelming but is totally worth it when you see the progress of a student.

Anywho, last week I worked to get writing samples for each of my students (there are 20!). Besides work they do at center time, the easiest way to get a sample was morning work. I gave each student three cards with vocabulary words on them and asked them to copy the words, which can be a tough thing to do for some. Here are the results:




Simple post, but to the point. I'm proud of those little boogers! :) They have come a looong way! Now, back to my delicious coffee!

-Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment